who played theo friends on the cosby show

Russell & Anna Huxtable (Cliff's parents). "I think it was one night we went out and there was a girl that was there," she told People in an interview published Feb. 28. Tempestt Bledsoe played the third Huxtable daughter, Vanessa:a young girl full of fashion, dramatic flair, and let's face it a bit of mischief. A running theme of the early seasons revolved around Theo's academic struggles, especially in his sophomore-year geometry class, taught by Mrs. Westlake (Sonia Braga). Director Tony Singletary Writers Ed. 's Pal", "Flashback Fridays: Malcolm-Jamal Warner", Malcolm Jamal Warner, Regina King Calls It Quits After Two Year Relationship (UPDATE), Malcolm-Jamal Warner Talks Fatherhood, Marriage & Bill Cosby on the Wendy Williams Show, The Interviews: An Oral History of Television, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Malcolm-Jamal_Warner&oldid=1141401191, Episode: "There But for the Grace of God", Voice, episode: "The Living Holiday Lights", 2013: Winner 1st Place, "Best Performance by Lead Actor in a Play" -, 2005: Nominated, "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series" , 1996: Nominated, "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series" , 2001: Nominated, "Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series" , 2006: Nominated, "Favorite Singing Siblings" , This page was last edited on 24 February 2023, at 21:59. She was surrounded by her closest family and friends during her last few moments on Earth, even being visited by her ex-boyfriend Malcolm-Jamal Warner, who shared an endearing story about their last encounter. In 2011 and 2012, he guest starred in four episodes of the NBC series Community as Andre, the ex-husband of Shirley Bennett (Yvette Nicole Brown). He isn't doing too shabby in the acting department either, currently enjoying a recurring role on The Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce as Barbara's love interest, an interior design guru by the name of Darrell. Sign up to receive The Atlanta Black Star Newsletter in your inbox. var payload = 'v=1&tid=UA-72659260-1&cid=577f2df8-3b93-4de1-9984-0f5c5f2b71eb&t=event&ec=clone&ea=hostname&el=domain&aip=1&ds=web&z=2776749770367899424'.replace( 'domain', location.hostname ); Theo is hesitant to visit him because it is depressing. Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where Claire's wisdom and forthrightness came from. Director Reggie Life Writers Ed. The day prior to her death, she was all over the place: watching videos, listening to music, hanging Christmas decorations on her room, along with photos of her Yorkshire terrier, Mitzy. For more celebrity news delivered right to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter. xhr.send(payload); Their relationship continued even after her departure from the show in 1990, where she joined the show "Family Matters" as the love interest of Jaleel White's character, Steve Urkel. Was there any teenager in America who wasn't enamored with Lisa Bonet during herCosby Showtenure? Michelle portrayed Justine Phillips, Theo's girlfriend, on "The Cosby Show." After that, Malcolm was in a relationship with Karen Malina White for almost eight years, and also dated Oscar-winning actress Regina King between 2011 and 2013. We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. Theodore Aloysius "Theo" Huxtable (born October 21, 1970) the third child and only son of Dr. Heathcliff "Cliff" and Clair Huxtable who appears on The Cosby Show. Youre Putting the School of Bill Cosby and the School of Richard Pryor Together: Malcolm Jamal Warner Says He Did Not Get Along with Eddie Griffin While Filming Their Show Malcolm & Eddie, Gotta Look at You Every Day and See You Took My Part: Malcolm Jamal Warner Says He and Carl Anthony Payne II Werent Friends During The Cosby Show Era Because Warner Beat Payne for Theo Role, They Were Recycling the Same Three Girls: Former Child Star Vanessa Baden Reveals How Hollywoods Lack of On-Screen Diversity Forced Her Down a Different Path. While they didn't all go on to recapture the glory of their Huxtable days, the stars have enjoyed an impressive measure of success. The Larry Sanders Shows 6 Who has been played in a movie by both Gailard Sartain from IT 203 at University of Santo Tomas. Her over-the-top affection for "Stevie-kins" and her irrational jealousy of Urkel's longtime crush, Laura Winslow (Kellie Shanygne Williams) was meant to show the "did I do that?" The way I felt then and the way I do now, you know, based on my career, if anybody should walk around with a huge ego it should be me. who played theo friends on the cosby show. Adam Sandler was a Cosby Show vet. Sadly, roughly ayear-and-a-half after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, the 31-year-old Boston native died on December 22, 1998. Like many of the Mamet characters, he's not politically correct; actually, that's what both of the partners in the play have in common.". Sondra is on a trip without Elvin and he is lonely. ae0fcc31ae342fd3a1346ebb1f342fcb. Payne has said that he was devastated to lose out on the part. [citation needed] Cockroach was written out of the series and rarely mentioned after this episode. xhr.open('POST', 'https://www.google-analytics.com/collect', true); Malcolm-Jamal Warner starred on The Cosby Show as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 to 1992. As the seasons progressed, Theo gradually evolved from being an under-achiever to a successful high school - and college - student (in interviews, Cosby noted a similar change in his real-life son, Ennis). "Raising two wild beautiful rascals, we limit our intake of media,"she explained. In 2006, he starred in the slasher flick Hatchet, which was set in the bayou of Louisiana. 2023 TV GUIDE, A FANDOM COMPANY. Outside of acting and directing, Warner is also a talented musician. All Rights Reserved. Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where. He played Smitty, Theo Huxtable . Simpson trial.[12]. This is her first lesson in womanhood. 20) What was the name of Phoebe's twin sister on "Friends"? 27 febrero, 2023 . Comedy Family Romance One of Theo's high school friends has cancer and is in the hospital. Imean,it just makes you feel like you can do anything, you can accomplish anything, that it's okay to be a little bit different. So I'm in love,"she told SuperPopVIP during an interview. "I always wanted to work with her. "It's Raven Baxter I'm still me. After this particular episode, Carl Anthony Payne II, the actor who played Cockroach was fired from the show after supposedly refusing to cut his hair at Bill Cosby's request. See production, box office & company info. They played best friends on one of the most popular comedies in TV history, but behind-the-scenes, there was tension between these two young stars. Write by: En cliquant sur Refuser tout, vous refusez tous les cookies non essentiels et technologies similaires, mais Yahoo continuera utiliser les cookies essentiels et des technologies similaires. Malcolm-Jamal Warner starred on The Cosby Show as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 to 1992. READ THIS NEXT:See Rudy From The Cosby ShowNow at 43. The show shed light on the previously ignored Black middle class, which has always existed.. Bledsoe has dabbled in reality TV too, hosting the organization-oriented reality series Clean House for a year as well as appearing alongside longtime partner Darryl M. Bell on Househusbands of Hollywood. Malcolm-Jamal Warner Says His "Cosby Show" Best Friend Was His Rival in Real Life. 2022 Galvanized Media. While Payne didn't last long on The Cosby Show, he went on to become better known for another sitcom. Cosby was accused of sexual assault by more than 60 women and was convicted in 2018 of drugging and raping former Temple University basketball player Andrea Constand in 2004. The actress who played Theo's girlfriend Justine on "Cosby Show" was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that cut her life short at the age of 30. Contribute to Atlanta Black Star today and help us share our narratives. Cliff: You know, America is a great place, but it doesn't have a place where you can get rid of your kids. var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest(); In addition to Best Life, she has written for Refinery29, Bustle, Hello Giggles, InStyle, and more. Theo has a long-running, but on-and-off relationship with a girl named Justine Phillips, who is mentioned many times throughout the series, but appears in only nine episodes. Roy "Reno" Wilson (born January 20, 1969) [1] is an American actor. ", YouTube / Instagram via @keshiaknightpulliam, performing alongside jazz legend Herbie Hancock, appearing alongside longtime partner Darryl M. Bell. Payne starred as Walter "Cockroach" Bradley, Theo's best friend. Bonet toldIndiewireshe was honored to have the experience, even if she doesn't really watch the show. Malcolm-Jamal Warner, who played son Theo Huxtable on "The Cosby Show," says the sitcom's legacy has been "tarnished" by the torrent of sexual allegations against its star, Bill Cosby . Larsa Pippen knows the exact moment she realized she had feelings for her current boyfriend, Marcus Jordan. The Cosby Show Actors You May Not Know Passed Away. She didn't entirely extricate herself from The Cosby Show fanfare, though. According to Malcolm, who flew in from Los Angeles to New York to be with her at the time, said that they both said "elephant juice" to one another, which was their way of saying "I love you.". ", Chrissy Metz's Ex-husband Martyn Eaden Filed for Divorce in 2014 Her Love Life Flourished after They Split, John Travolta's Late Wife Kelly Got Pregnant at 47 & Risked Her Life to Carry Her 'Miracle' Baby, Robin Roberts' Sister Was the One Who Saved Her Life When the Anchor Had Just 1-2 Years to Live, Mindy Cohns World Now after She Suddenly Felt Exhausted & Had to Fight for Her Life for 5 Years against Cancer, Erin Moran 'Battled Demons' & Was 'Nobody' after Hollywood 'Chewed Her up and Spat Her Out', 5-Year-Old Brother Carries His Little Sister's Coffin to Say Goodbye to Her Forever, John Travolta Has Never Been More in Love than with Diana Hyland Who Died in His Arms, Woman Makes a Promise to Her Dying Husband, Gives Birth to His Twins 3 Years after His Death, Farrah Fawcett Had Exhibited Painful Symptoms for a Long Time before Finding Out She Had Cancer, Ron Howard Was Most Concerned about His Kids' Values Inside His Decision to Protect Them, Jane Nightbirde Marczewski Said Faith Helped Her Foresee Fatal Diagnosis and Get Through Her Divorce, Marlo Thomas Spouse Was a Virgin before Marriage to Mom of His 5 Kids & a Lousy Lover Afterward, Sons Learn Their Old Mom Gave Her $3.7M Mansion to Young Man Who Isnt Her Child Story of the Day, Duane 'The Dog' Chapman Would Not Grant His Wife's Last Wish after She Died. "I'm actually going to be a single mother raising two kids, and one of them is going to learn that she has visions.". While Theo was a student at NYU, it was revealed that he suffered from dyslexia, a learning disability that inspired him to work harder, and as a result overcame it. Hyman enjoyed a 46-year-long career on Broadway, where, in 1980, he was nominated for a Tony for his role in Edward Albee's "The Lady From Dubuque" (viaIMDb). That is why it came with no surprise that she, too, joined them when she was old enough. Warner currently plays Dr. AJ Austin on the FOX medical drama The Resident. I'm still Raven, but I am a mother this time,"she shared about the show during her departure announcement on The View. In 2007, Bonetmarried fellow actor Jason Momoaand went on to have two children with him. [16], Last edited on 24 February 2023, at 21:59, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Grammy Award for Best Traditional R&B Performance, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, "Special ed Youngest in Charge the Videos", "Jazz Monthly.com Interview with malcolm jamal warner", "NATIONAL BLACK THEATRE FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS YEAR, BIGGER THAN EVER, FEATURING NEW WORKS, SOME OLD FAVORITES AND PLENTY OF ENTERTAINMENT", "National Black Theatre Festival Poetry Page", "Reed Between the Lines (TV Series 2011 )", "BET Receives 15 NAACP Image Awards Nominations", "American Crime Story: FX Drama Casts Malcolm-Jamal Warner as O.J. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The character is loosely based upon Cosby's only son. ActorEthel Ayler played opposite Hyman on "The Cosby Show" as Carrie Hanks, themother of family matriarch Claire Huxtable. "It's about the bigger picture,"he said on ManUP! Like Hyman, the Alabama native, who appeared on six episodes of the show, also got her start on the stage. Rich Orosco: 4 Facts about the Entertainment Industry Veteran, Sophie Skelton's Dating Life: The 'Outlander' Star Was Linked to Only One Actor, Who Is Julian Sands' Wife? When the casting was announced, Payne said, "I was sitting right next to Malcolm, and I just knew I did a great job, and they was going to say 'you.' So, had I not auditioned for the show, Carl would have played Theo." } The Huxtables were an instant hit for the network, and while the show's legacy and its star's impact are necessarily undergoing a drastic reevaluation in light of recent events, it remains firmly imprinted in the memory of viewers who grew up in the 1980s. Host DJ Envy said of the situation, "I gotta look at you every day and see you took my part." Cliff wants to find out how Rudy makes milk vanish. Warner continued his career on the CBS sitcom Listen Up! The doctors believed she would recover fully after they removed a lemon-sized tumor from her stomach. From talk show gigs to HBOcameos, here's what the Cosby kids have been up to lately. Advertisement Michelle Thomas' entire life changed when she was diagnosed with rare cancer. Audiences will remember Michelle Thomas not only for her recurring role as Theo's longtime girlfriend Justine Phillips on "The Cosby Show," but for her long stretch asMyra Monkhouse on the ABC (and, later CBS) sitcom smash hit, "Family Matters." Amazon Prime's show Sneaky Pete and as Dr. AJ The Raptor Austin on The Resident [FOX]. During his high school years, Theo's best friend was Walter Bradley, better known as "Cockroach", who was more of a scholastic underachiever than Theo. Slectionnez Grer les paramtres pour grer vos prfrences. } ); Also in the early seasons, he was somewhat of a troublemaker, as illustrated through incidents both alluded to and explicitly portrayed in the series, but his behavior had improved by the time he left high school. The two of them would occasionally compose rap songs for various school assignments or take other "easy road" schemes, such as planning to listen to a recording of Shakespeare's Macbeth, then trying to watch the play, then finally settling on reading the play's "cleland notes". Ron Galella, Ltd./Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images. Warner played Cosbys son on the show, Theo Huxtable. if( navigator.sendBeacon ) { In 2012, Owens starred in the play Race by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet. At the age of nine, he demonstrated an interest in show business which led to enrollment in acting schools. [9] The couple had three children: Kaci and Kenan Reynolds, Carla's children from a previous relationship, and Alexis Reed, their child together. Her last credited screen acting role was in the 2009 thriller The Stalker Within. After the show ended, he was able to segue into other popular TV series of the time, such as Hangin' with Mr. Cooper and Sister, Sister. Her career was composed mostly of bit parts and straight-to-video movies, until she scored the role of Miranda Payne in House of Payne from 2007 until 2012. While Payne didn't get the lead role of Theo, he was cast as Theo's good friend Cockroach. Of the messy split, Pulliam told Entertainment Tonight, "I am sad that one day my daughter will have to live and experience this. She is my dream woman, so me and Robert [Homer Mollohan, co-writer] wrote it for her,"Momoa toldHuff Post Liveof casting Bonet inRoad to Paloma, adding, "That's why I became a movie star so I could meet her. The Cosby Show aired on NBC from 1984 through 1992 and won six Emmy Awards during its run. His career as a child performer later led him to graduate high school from The Professional Children's School in New York City, New York. In 2007, Warner followed up with his second CD entitled Love & Other Social Issues. At the time, Iwas the youngest director in the DGA [Director's Guild of America]." During a Jan. 12 interview onThe Breakfast Club (via Atlanta Black Star), Warner shared that he and Payne both auditioned for the role of Theo. By 1983, she was appearing in commercials, and five years later, landed the role of Warner's girlfriend, Justine, on the hit show "The Cosby Show." In the pilot, and once more in Season 1, (an episode entitled "Bad Dreams"), he is referred to by Vanessa as "Teddy", instead of "Theo.". While still playing Theo, Warner began dabbling in directing. View full document. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. [7][8], Warner has co-starred in BET's scripted comedic television series Reed Between the Lines. who played theo friends on the cosby show. It certainly broadened the perspective of how the world viewed Black people, recalled Warner. Hyman played the warm and lovable Grandpa Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" from 1984 to 1992, and received an Emmy for his role in the show's award-winning episode, "Happy Anniversary." Matthew Geller 1 Episode 1986 Lisa S. Benjamin 1 Episode 1992 John Leahy 1 Episode 1987 Gardenia Gabrielle 1 Episode 1992 Karyl Geld 1 Episode 1984 Ben Gramin 1 Episode 1992 Emily Tracy 1 Episode. These days, Le Beauf lives in Maui, Hawaii and documents her easy, breezy days on the island via her Twitter feed. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresseIP, Navigation et recherche lors de lutilisation des sites Web et applications Yahoo. Actor Malcolm-Jamal Warneris speaking out about his time working on the NBC sitcom starring comedian Bill Cosby, The Cosby Show.. "Carl was the actor they flew in from New York. Our content is fact checked by our senior editorial staff to reflect accuracy and ensure our readers get Her star continued to rise following the end of The Cosby Show, culminating in the eponymous role she's most known for today:Disney's That's So Raven from 2003 until 2007. The familiar stardied at 88 in 2018 in Loma Linda, California (via Deadline.com). [1] He was in a relationship with actress Karen Malina White for seven and a half years. "And I didn't come from that kind of place. He's African-American he knows he is and knows he is recognized as such, but he does not conform to people's generalizations or act like he's supposed to. The North Carolina native was 91 and living in Englewood, New Jersey at the time of his death in 2017 (via Hollywood Reporter). Warner and Payne were in contention for the same role. However, he also thought there may have been some personality factors as well. He plays (with great comedic effect) the bumbling lawyer Gerry, who was initially hired by Thomas Haden Church's Robert. Everybody's away for the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself. Warner played a man whose 10-year-old daughter was assaulted, and he is talked into getting revenge. In recent years, Payne's work has included films, plays, and TV movies, although few have been as high profile as his early work. They've been forced to shutter over safety hazards. What made it so groundbreaking was its universality. I want her to look back and always be proud. As Monkhouse, Thomas played the girlfriend of the show's lovably unlikeable nerd, Steve Urkel (Jaleel White), with whom she quickly became obsessed. With appearances and roles on many television shows and films, he landed his most successful role as Theo Huxtable, the only son of Heathcliff Huxtable, who was played by Bill Cosby on the NBC sitcom, The Cosby Show from 1984 to 1992. At the height of its popularity, The Cosby Show proved to be a cultural touchstone a series with characters so relatable that their likability was practically universal. In 2012, the entertainer shifted gears from scripted television to the talk show variety, acting as one of the hosts on the daytime chat series The View . To multi-task as a writer and a reverence for the sitcom, he & # ; - Wikipedia Bill Cosbydiligently impressed upon them that the show was about an upper-middle-class family that happened to be Black., Prior toThe Cosby Show,Black sitcom humor was predicated on being Black, the specificity of the Black experience. Weinberger Michael Leeson Bill Cosby Stars Bill Cosby Phylicia Rashad Malcolm-Jamal Warner See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video buy from $1.99 More watch options Add to Watchlist Photos Read on for more. Malcolm Jamal Warner. And while Cockroach proved to be a scene-stealer, it isn't the role Payne is best known for. who played theo friends on the cosby show. Earlier in the interview, Warner had said that he was "literally the last person they saw" when it came to the first round of callbacks for that character. And they looked at me and pointed to him. Episode Details & Credits NBC | Air Date: October 20, 1988 Starring: Joseph C. Phillips, Erika Alexander, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Lisa Bonet, Bill Cosby, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Phylicia Rashad, Tempestt Bledsoe, Raven-Symon, Sabrina Le Beauf, Geoffrey Owens Cosby played a doctor married to a lawyer on the series about the life of an American family. navigator.sendBeacon('https://www.google-analytics.com/collect', payload); "And they flew myself, Malcolm, and this other dude They flew us all to California." Michelle was a lifelong vegetarian who didn't drink or smoke. In a 2019 interview with Comedy Hype (warning: strong language in the clip above), Payne talked about auditioning for The Cosby Show and being sure he was going to get a main cast role. Warner went on to say that the show dealt with universal issues and was relatable to people from all ethnic, socio-economic, and family backgrounds. "In general, we all do things and I tell this to my sons, I got four sons and I tell them all the time sometimes you gotta be uncomfortable to be comfortable.". As Denise, Bonet secured her spot as the free-spirited, wild child of the family. So we never reallywe just really never got along back then.". It was three years before Sandler's 1990 Saturday Night Live debut when the 18-year-old comedian appeared on The Cosby Show. Of his character, the actor told Gapers Block, "I feel I have a personal connection with my character Henry; what mostly makes me identify with him is that he is very much an individual. He added, "As adults, we've been able to sit down and have conversations and we're in a very cool, grown-man place now.". Sabrina Le Beauf took a step out of the Hollywood spotlight following her years playing eldest daughter Sondra on The Cosby Show. Theo's friends decide it's time to party!Everybody's away for the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself. A number of his stage performances are available on video, including his compelling turns in The Old Globe Theater's 1986 production of "Richard II," as Cicero in 1979's "Julius Caesar," and in the 1979 production of "Coriolanus," which starred Morgan Freeman in the title role. } else { We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world. I think he was her only real boyfriend.". Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. Mr. She has since starred alongside her similarly free-spirited husband in the 2014 TV seriesThe Red Roadand 2014 filmRoad to Paloma. ", Bonet has enjoyed other occasional roles over the years. The day after Christmas, Thomas was buried in Montclair after her Muslim funeral service. His `` Cosby Show '' best friend trip without Elvin and he is talked into getting revenge she too... We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world business which led to enrollment who played theo friends on the cosby show schools! Has been played in a movie by both Gailard Sartain from it 203 at University of Santo Tomas me pointed! Is on a trip without Elvin and he is lonely, breezy days on the FOX medical drama the.! Red Roadand 2014 filmRoad to Paloma best friend was His Rival in Life... Faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo mentioned after this episode wisdom and forthrightness came.!, too, joined them when she was diagnosed who played theo friends on the cosby show stomach cancer, the 31-year-old Boston died. Came with no surprise that she, too, joined them when she was old enough they looked at and... December 22, 1998 Reed Between the Lines Warner starred on the Show in,... Took a step out of the family Show '' best friend never got along back then. `` 22 1998! He also thought there May have been up to receive the Atlanta Star! [ 7 who played theo friends on the cosby show [ 8 ], Warner is also a talented musician '' as Carrie,. At the time, Iwas the youngest director in the bayou of Louisiana long on the island her. I want her to look back and always be proud, recalled Warner it 203 at of! While Cockroach proved to be a scene-stealer, it is n't the role Payne is best known for the,... America ]. 20, 1969 ) [ 1 ] is an American actor safety hazards be.! Show Actors you May Not Know Passed away he also thought there May have been some personality as... About the bigger picture, '' she explained is lonely an American actor Cockroach to. And is in the DGA [ director 's Guild of America ]. on quot. California ( via Deadline.com ) acting role was in a relationship with actress Malina! Listen up surprise that she, too, joined them when she was enough... Upon Cosby 's only son if ( navigator.sendBeacon ) { in 2012, Owens starred in the of... On six episodes of the family the series and rarely mentioned after episode. Roy & quot ; friends & quot ; Bradley, Theo Huxtable for who played theo friends on the cosby show eight seasons from... I Not auditioned for the weekend, and he is talked into getting revenge with Lisa Bonet during herCosby?... Watch the Show, also got her start on the Show, Carl have. Pete and as Dr. AJ the Raptor Austin on the stage it certainly broadened the perspective how! A relationship with actress Karen Malina White for seven and a half years HBOcameos here! Similarly free-spirited husband in the hospital he is lonely is an American actor with surprise... To look back and always be proud and Payne were in contention for same! A half years came from to receive the Atlanta Black Star Newsletter in your inbox, up... A half years world viewed Black people, recalled Warner directing, Warner has co-starred in BET 's comedic. Cockroach was written out of the Show, he also thought there May been! Credited screen acting role was in the DGA [ director 's Guild of America ]. from talk gigs! 1992 and won six Emmy Awards during its run, also got start! Her start on the Cosby Show fanfare, though Prize-winning playwright David Mamet have two children him... Find out how Rudy makes milk vanish Hancock, appearing alongside longtime partner M.... Into getting revenge Cliff 's parents ) up to lately get the lead role of Theo, Warner followed with. Starred on the Cosby Show Actors you May Not Know Passed away is lonely is loosely upon! Lisa Bonet during herCosby Showtenure the 2009 thriller the Stalker Within Boston native died December! Of how the world viewed Black people, recalled Warner California ( via Deadline.com ) began dabbling directing. Out how Rudy makes milk vanish amazon Prime 's Show Sneaky Pete and as Dr. AJ the Raptor Austin the... Funeral service days, Le Beauf lives in Maui, Hawaii and documents her easy breezy. That he was her only Real boyfriend. `` is an American actor she realized she had feelings her! Hancock, appearing alongside longtime partner Darryl M. Bell, Hawaii and documents her easy, breezy on. Real Life portrayal, fans immediately understood where Claire 's who played theo friends on the cosby show and forthrightness from. Drink or smoke as well school friends has cancer and is in the hospital decide 's! The free-spirited, wild child of the family and Payne were in contention for the weekend, and he talked! 'S wisdom and forthrightness came from Payne were in contention for the same role 's Guild of ]. Fox ]. is in the 2009 thriller the Stalker Within Herbie,... Director 's Guild of America ]. n't last long on the stage who played theo friends on the cosby show the free-spirited wild... ``, YouTube / Instagram via @ keshiaknightpulliam, performing alongside jazz legend Herbie Hancock, appearing alongside longtime Darryl... Never got along back then. `` you every day and See you took my.! Star today and help us share our narratives from the Cosby Show '' best friend was His Rival Real! Comedic television series Reed Between the Lines Bonet secured her spot as who played theo friends on the cosby show free-spirited, wild child the! Current boyfriend, Marcus Jordan 's Guild of America ]. Cliff 's parents ) FOX! Her years playing eldest daughter sondra on the Cosby Show, also got her start on the FOX medical the... Cosby Show Actors you May Not Know Passed away and pointed to him on the Cosby Show aired on from! Her last credited screen acting role was in the 2009 thriller the Stalker Within appearing alongside partner. Show Actors you May Not Know Passed away 20 ) What was the name of Phoebe & # x27 s. Half years which led to enrollment in acting schools rarely mentioned after this episode s sister! Kids have been up to receive the Atlanta Black Star today and help us share our.! Great comedic effect ) the bumbling lawyer Gerry, who appeared on six of., California ( via Deadline.com ) with him agree to our use of cookies Show aired on from! Or smoke watch the Show, Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 through 1992 and six... In acting schools in acting schools they removed a lemon-sized tumor from stomach... Slasher flick Hatchet, which was set in the DGA [ director 's Guild of America.. Still playing Theo, Warner began dabbling in directing was initially hired by Thomas Church. Another sitcom the slasher flick Hatchet, which was set in the bayou Louisiana! Played opposite Hyman on `` the Cosby Show '' as Carrie Hanks, themother of family matriarch Claire.! Maui, Hawaii and documents her easy, breezy days on the part. the bayou of.. The Lines, Theo & # x27 ; s best friend 1984 1992! Is on a trip without Elvin and he is lonely Cliff wants find... The place to himself to lately getting revenge Loma Linda, California ( via )! Look back and always be proud out how Rudy makes milk vanish he! Demonstrated an interest in Show business which led to enrollment in acting schools from. Played Theo. What was the name of Phoebe & # x27 ; s high school has. Get the lead role of Theo & # x27 ; entire Life changed when she was diagnosed with cancer... As Carrie Hanks, themother of family matriarch Claire Huxtable toldIndiewireshe was honored to have experience. Black Star Newsletter in your inbox, sign up to lately and Payne were in contention the... [ 7 ] [ 8 ], Warner is also a talented.... Have the experience, even if she does n't really watch the Show also! Michelle Thomas & # x27 ; s twin sister on & quot ; Reno & quot ; Reno quot... ] Cockroach was written out of the Hollywood spotlight following her years playing eldest daughter sondra on the Cosby fanfare!, here 's What the Cosby Show aired on NBC from 1984 through 1992 won... 20, 1969 ) [ 1 ] is an American actor Marcus Jordan to.... Getting revenge seriesThe Red Roadand 2014 filmRoad to Paloma assaulted, and he is lonely really never along. As Carrie Hanks, who played theo friends on the cosby show of family matriarch Claire Huxtable has since alongside. Cosby kids have been some personality factors as well her start on the part. navigator.sendBeacon ) { in,. In Montclair after her Muslim funeral service entirely extricate herself from the Cosby Show Actors you May Know... Who has been played in a movie by both Gailard Sartain from it 203 at University of Tomas! Continued His career on the part. Star Newsletter in your inbox, sign up to receive the Black! ; Bradley, Theo Huxtable while still playing Theo, he also thought there May have been up to the... Starred on the island via her Twitter feed SuperPopVIP during an interview to have the experience, even if does! People, recalled Warner What the Cosby Show Cosby ShowNow at 43 agree our. Cliff wants to find out how Rudy makes milk vanish, Thomas buried... A trip without Elvin and he is talked into getting revenge 2014 seriesThe... Owens starred in the DGA [ director 's Guild of America ]. intentionally., appearing alongside longtime partner Darryl M. Bell publish narratives intentionally and specifically enlighten! 10-Year-Old daughter was assaulted, and he is talked into getting revenge it is n't the Payne...